Monday, July 13, 2009

Heading for The Hamptons



"Oh, the good life, full of fun seems to be the ideal
Mm, the good life lets you hide all the sadness you feel"

 - Tony Bennett

I am blowing this pop stgand for two weeks of a blissful Hamptons summer.  I leave on Sunday morning and as much as I am looking forward to the cooler weather, farmer's markets and the Hamptons buzz I will very, very much miss my Rod.  I am planning a list of meals for him to eat while I'm gone but I feel terribly thinking of him going to bed alone every night.  At least he will have our (much healthier) kitties to keep him company but I know it isn't the same as having me here.  I am worried that all he will eat is PB&Js, and that he won't have any clean underwear!

Regardless, I cannot wait to spend time with Aunt Diane and Kate!   Aunt Diane was here for a visit in April and although the trip was a week long it still wasn't long enough.  This time we will have two whole weeks to get into trouble!  Here are some photos of her last visit; we took she and Uncle Marty to Sedona for lunch and sightseeing.

I am also looking forward to spending my time at the farmer's markets, preparing dinner each night, and exploring my other hobby, cooking!  It will also be a nice break from my craft room (Lord knows how many hours I've logged in there!).  I get back to Scottsdale, and Rod, on August 1st.

No comments: