Friday, July 4, 2008

Yankees Game

My cousin Kate & her friend Kristin came into the city to see the Yankees game with us on Wednesday, July 2nd. We had great seats & even got a glimpse of the new stadium across the street that is almost complete. Jason Giambi had a great night with a grand slam home run & a double bringing the Yankees to a victory of 18-7. The subway was packed on the way up (we were uncomfortably close to stinky old men) so we left at the bottom of the seventh inning to avoid the traffic. I got some great souvenirs for my fanatic dad, especially since Yankee Stadium is hosting the All Star Game this year & it's the final season for the team at the old stadium. Most importantly, I got to see Derek Jeter play... I really don't know how he can concentrate when he's at bat with all of the flash bulbs going off. Same thing with Alex Rodriguez. I myself took some photos of them, but they were so blurry I didn't want to post them. On a separate note, the game was another excuse to indulge in more junk food - I got nearly the best chicken fingers I've ever had & washed it down with a Carvel hot fudge sundae (do you sense a recurring theme here?).

No comments: